Recruitment/staffing and onboarding BPO provided by Gasha Consulting.
This job opening by Gasha Consulting PLC is on behalf of AM General Trading.
AM General Trading is an Ethiopian company dedicated to the sale, assembly, and distribution of quality cars and trucks with a focus on a sustainable transportation infrastructure. It is based in Addis Ababa and Dire Dawa and is one of the top five largest in nationwide auto sales. AM General Trading has been consistently delivering increased profits while building a solid foundation for the company's future. Despite the challenging business environment in Ethiopia in the last three years, our focus remains to be sustaining this profitability while expanding the company's Electronic Vehicle market share and its manufacturing capacity. AM General Trading currently distributes a range of vehicles, from two-wheeled motorcycles to heavy commercial trucks such as those by Isuzu.
Plan and supervise a wide range of construction and installation projects from start to finish, organize and oversee installation procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and monitor all new and existing construction related projects of the company
- Develop a detailed, time bound construction plan outlining scopes and objectives, relevant stakeholders, human resource and construction material requirements, budget etc. track progress and ensure feasibility
- Collaborate with Finance and Administration Department to hire necessary human resource (subcontractors, engineers, architects, daily laborers etc.) for each project, assign responsibilities, supervise and provide guidance when necessary
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Collaborate with subcontractors, engineers, water and sanitation experts, electricians etc. to determine the specifications of the project
- Audit and approve architectural designs
- Acquire equipment and material that meet national quality standards and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Education: BSc in Construction Technology and Management or related field and a professional license in construction; Project Management Professional certification or equivalent certification will be an advantage
- Proven 6 or more years of work experience as a Construction Manager or a similar management role
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and materials and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software
- Willingness to travel to other company construction sites in the country
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, time management and multitasking skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants should submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
with subject line “Construction Manager”:
CV with contact information (email address and phone number)
2 recommendation letters
Education and work experience credentials/documents
Applicants who do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.
Back to Job Listing